Contact Me

If you enjoy my blog and would like to contact me, you may reach me at this email: dena.netherton@gmail.com

Some of my stories are published in:
A Cup of Comfort Devotional for Mothers and Daughters (Adams Media, 2009)
Chicken Soup: What I Learned from the Dog (2009)
Love is a Flame (Bethany House, 2010)
Extraordinary answers to Prayer (Guideposts, 2010)
Love is a Verb (Bethany House, 2011)
Big Dreams from Small Spaces (Group Publishing, 2012)

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pain Relief

So I went into the surgery center to have one kind of treatment for my back, but the doctor consulted with me and said I should have another kind of shot.
After listening to her rationale, I agreed with her.
They drugged me and gave me an epidural way down low in my spine.
Two days later, I'm almost pain-free.
Praise the Lord!
Thank You, Jesus for modern medicine.
Thank You for doctors.
Thank You for medicine and pain-killing drugs.
Did you know that before we had anesthetics, people who needed surgery sometimes committed suicide?
I'm used to having IVs put in my hand because I've had so many surgeries.
Now they inject lidocaine before they even put in the IV.
Amazing.
I'm no wimp when it comes to pain.
But if there's a drug that can numb it a little, I say, bring it on.

I went for a walk today. A long one.
Trying to see if my back would hurt.
It didn't.
Yay!

I'm looking forward to the body Christ will give me when I leave this world.
No more neck pain, no more back pain, no more tendonitis, no more sore muscles when I hike too many miles, no more arthritis, no more disk problems.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." (Rev. 21: 4 NIV Bible)


2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Dena! I'll be happy when I get my new body. I understand back pain - sciatica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, sciatica, and more. It'll be great to say goodbye to pain!

    ReplyDelete