Contact Me

If you enjoy my blog and would like to contact me, you may reach me at this email: dena.netherton@gmail.com

Some of my stories are published in:
A Cup of Comfort Devotional for Mothers and Daughters (Adams Media, 2009)
Chicken Soup: What I Learned from the Dog (2009)
Love is a Flame (Bethany House, 2010)
Extraordinary answers to Prayer (Guideposts, 2010)
Love is a Verb (Bethany House, 2011)
Big Dreams from Small Spaces (Group Publishing, 2012)

Monday, July 22, 2013

Eternity Begins Now

When a person comes to Christ, his or her eternal life begins immediately.
Sure, there are wonders to anticipate in the future.
But Christ promised abundant life right now.
This abundance consists of His loving presence, His power, His protection, His provision.

Can you think of another philosophy or religion that offers that?
I can't.

In all other religions, the disciple is required to perfectly live up to some strict standard, sacrifice his happiness, even his life for some far-off reward in heaven.
Or perhaps he must try, in another life, to improve himself.
The reward is always far off and un-seeable.

But the wonders of the life of the Christian is Christ.
The absolute joy of a relationship right now with Christ, the Alpha and Omega, the Creator, the Savior who loves me just as I am.
The life that He gives me is one that is lived in the power of Christ.
Because our merciful Lord knows that we are puny and that we cannot successfully live out God's requirements in our own power.

And the other wonderful thing about the life in Christ.
We can KNOW where we'll be after our physical life has ended.
Not just hope.
Really know.

I have failed so many times to meet God's requirement for perfection.
I do not deserve heaven.
But one day I pleaded for Christ to save me.
He gave me His righteousness.
I did nothing to deserve it.
As surely as Christ never lies and has promised to give eternal life to all who trust in Him,
I can know where I'll be when my physical life has ended.

Even now, when I do or say things that displease God, I still know that because Christ died in my place, I have not lost my relationship with Christ. His love calls me to ask forgiveness of Him and the person I have wronged. 

My eternity began the day I received Him.
I do not have to wait for eternal life someday way off in the future.
It has already begun.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him." (John 3: 16-17 NIB Bible)

1 comment:

  1. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from Lymes, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband suffered from Lymes and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and I saw testimony of so many people who were cured from Lymes , and so many others with similar body problems, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to Lymes. I never imagined Lymes had a cure not until I contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.Lymes has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua can cure Herpes,Hiv,Cancer,ALS,Copd,HPV,Lupus,MS,Diabetes, and other disease talk to Dr Itua on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony . https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/

    ReplyDelete