Contact Me

If you enjoy my blog and would like to contact me, you may reach me at this email: dena.netherton@gmail.com

Some of my stories are published in:
A Cup of Comfort Devotional for Mothers and Daughters (Adams Media, 2009)
Chicken Soup: What I Learned from the Dog (2009)
Love is a Flame (Bethany House, 2010)
Extraordinary answers to Prayer (Guideposts, 2010)
Love is a Verb (Bethany House, 2011)
Big Dreams from Small Spaces (Group Publishing, 2012)

Thursday, August 19, 2010

God in Mathmagic Land

When I was in grade school I remember watching a film called "Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land."
Do you remember that, too?
I think I watched that film at least once each year from fourth grade through seventh.
The film's premise was that there was a logical order and structure of things in nature. Then, as Donald waddled around Mathmagic Land, he encountered flowers, snowflakes, honeycombs, etc. that illustrate the geometrical patterns most able to endure the natural stresses put upon them in nature.
Although a Creator was not mentioned in the film, it was clear to us baby-boomers that One was implied.

And as I take my daily walks around Estes Park and enjoy the natural beauty of the Rocky Mountains, God does not shout audibly, "Here I am; I made all of this!"
He doesn't have to. It's clearly understood that all of this can not come about without a Designer.

No more than a cake can come about without someone assembling the ingredients, putting them together, pouring the batter in the pan and setting it in the oven to bake at just the right temperature for just the right amount of time.
And I didn't even mention that each ingredient had to have a source, as well.

And there was a logical progression in the creating of the cake. If I baked the pan, then poured the eggs in the pan, then whipped the other ingredients in a bowl, we would have not cake.

Thank God for the order in nature that you see each day. Give Him glory.

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities --His eternal power and divine nature -- have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made. . . " (Romans 1:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment