Contact Me

If you enjoy my blog and would like to contact me, you may reach me at this email: dena.netherton@gmail.com

Some of my stories are published in:
A Cup of Comfort Devotional for Mothers and Daughters (Adams Media, 2009)
Chicken Soup: What I Learned from the Dog (2009)
Love is a Flame (Bethany House, 2010)
Extraordinary answers to Prayer (Guideposts, 2010)
Love is a Verb (Bethany House, 2011)
Big Dreams from Small Spaces (Group Publishing, 2012)

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Faith-filled Thanks

"I waited patiently for the Lord:
He turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
He set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God." (Psalm 40: 1-3)

"And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms
in Christ Jesus,
in order that in the coming ages He might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in His kindness to us in
Christ Jesus." (Eph. 2:6,7)

Thank God for His activity in our lives!
This is the thought that I will bring to the Thanksgiving table today.

As I read these scriptures, one from the Old Testament and the other from the New Testament, I am struck by all the things God does. (I've highlighted them.)
  • He responds to our cry for help.
  • He is actively working to raise us up out of our miserable human experience and give us a heavenly hope.
  • He is actively working to make us like Jesus Christ with the goal of showing us off as His workmanship.
So even if times are tough right now, if we will look with the eyes of faith we will see that God is doing tremendous things all the time. Keep looking up, friend.

"Praise God through Whom all blessings flow."

No comments:

Post a Comment