Contact Me

If you enjoy my blog and would like to contact me, you may reach me at this email: dena.netherton@gmail.com

Some of my stories are published in:
A Cup of Comfort Devotional for Mothers and Daughters (Adams Media, 2009)
Chicken Soup: What I Learned from the Dog (2009)
Love is a Flame (Bethany House, 2010)
Extraordinary answers to Prayer (Guideposts, 2010)
Love is a Verb (Bethany House, 2011)
Big Dreams from Small Spaces (Group Publishing, 2012)

Monday, November 29, 2010

The Least of These

I snapped a photo of this little fellow at our bird feeder last week. It's been mighty cold lately and the birds are going through the sunflower seeds with the same gusto as the Netherton family devours a Thanksgiving meal.
It gives me a warm feeling to know that I'm helping these adorable balls of fluff stay alive during the cold Rocky Mountain winter.
But that warm feeling is nothing compared to the joy I feel whenever I write a check to World Vision. We've been sponsoring children through this wonderful organization since the early 1980s.
World Vision also sends out a Christmas catalog. You can buy chickens, ducks, or a goat or an ox to help a struggling third world family start a business which will bring them income. Or you could buy a share in the construction of a well that brings fresh, clean water to a village. This year I helped pay for medications to stock a medical clinic. I also helped pay for a girl who's been rescued from forced prostitution to receive care and education. The catalog also describes many other opportunities to support children, women, or families.
If you'd like to check it out, now would be a great time to do it. Here's the web address:
www.worldvision.com

"Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You something to drink?
When did we see you a stranger and invite You in, or needing clothes and clothe You?
When did we see You sick or in prison and go to visit You?'
The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did it for Me.'" (Matthew 26:37-40)

No comments:

Post a Comment