Contact Me

If you enjoy my blog and would like to contact me, you may reach me at this email: dena.netherton@gmail.com

Some of my stories are published in:
A Cup of Comfort Devotional for Mothers and Daughters (Adams Media, 2009)
Chicken Soup: What I Learned from the Dog (2009)
Love is a Flame (Bethany House, 2010)
Extraordinary answers to Prayer (Guideposts, 2010)
Love is a Verb (Bethany House, 2011)
Big Dreams from Small Spaces (Group Publishing, 2012)

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

To Whom are We Thankful?

Just about everyone I know celebrates Thanksgiving. Many have a ritual of sitting around a table with tons of delicious food, gorgeous decorations, and all sorts of beverages. One by one, the diners share what they're thankful for. But often, what I don't hear is to WHOM they're thankful.

How can you be thankful to. . . . nobody?

"Well, I'm just thankful that I didn't lose my job."
"I'm thankful that we still have a roof over our heads. "
"I'm thankful that I got over my pneumonia."

Are we thankful TO GOD that HE provided us with a job or touched our bodies with healing?
Or are we merely relieved that tragic fate (whatever that is) somehow bypassed our family this year?

Let's always remember that GOD is the giver of all good things.
On Thanksgiving. . . and every other day, let's raise our hearts and voices and give Him loud praise. Let's show the world that we know where our blessings comes from.
Our food, our shelter, our job, our children, our freedoms, etc. all come from a great and loving God.
And, as His children, even the tough times are in His large and capable hands, and HE can turn even those "bad" things into blessings.
What a great and wonderful God. So worthy of our continual praise!

"Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come into His presence with singing.

Know that the Lord is God.
It is He that made us, and we are His;
we are His people, and the sheep
of His pasture.

Enter His gates with thanksgiving,
and His courts with praise.
Give thanks to Him, bless His name.

For the Lord is good;
His steadfast love endures forever,
and His faithfulness to all generations." (Psalm 100 New Revised Standard Version)

2 comments:

  1. That about sums it up, Dena!
    As Tiny Tim says, "God Bless us all!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Clark. I appreciate your reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete