Contact Me

If you enjoy my blog and would like to contact me, you may reach me at this email: dena.netherton@gmail.com

Some of my stories are published in:
A Cup of Comfort Devotional for Mothers and Daughters (Adams Media, 2009)
Chicken Soup: What I Learned from the Dog (2009)
Love is a Flame (Bethany House, 2010)
Extraordinary answers to Prayer (Guideposts, 2010)
Love is a Verb (Bethany House, 2011)
Big Dreams from Small Spaces (Group Publishing, 2012)

Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed."( Mark 1:35)

Hope you're not getting weary of this prayer blog. It's just that all (and I do mean all) of our life as a Believer is about staying connected to our God and Savior.

Remember those great passages in the book of John where Jesus is comforting His disciples and telling them about what it means to follow Him?

He said, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in Him he will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing." (John 15:5)

Selfishness, apathy, lack of love, avoiding self-examination.
These are all other reasons why I do not pray.
These are all reasons why I can do nothing. My natural self cares only for me, cares little for others, lacks love for God and for others, doesn't want to see anything negative about myself.

I hate that I'm this way. I want so much to be like Jesus.

What's the antidote?

God's amazing GRACE.

I am spiritually bankrupt.
So He provides all.
GRACE.
Through His Spirit
He supplies the power to obey,
the desire to obey,
the wisdom and love needed to obey.

"If you love Me you will obey what I command." (John 14:15)

Not grudging prayer, not seeking Brownie points, not mindless liturgical prayers.
But. . .
Drawing near, abiding, seeking, remaining in, cuddling, nestling, enjoying
Christ.

Dear Father, may we obediently seek, cuddle, nestle, enjoy Your presence. Amen

(all scriptures quoted from the NIV, 1985, Zondervan Corporation)

No comments:

Post a Comment