Contact Me

If you enjoy my blog and would like to contact me, you may reach me at this email: dena.netherton@gmail.com

Some of my stories are published in:
A Cup of Comfort Devotional for Mothers and Daughters (Adams Media, 2009)
Chicken Soup: What I Learned from the Dog (2009)
Love is a Flame (Bethany House, 2010)
Extraordinary answers to Prayer (Guideposts, 2010)
Love is a Verb (Bethany House, 2011)
Big Dreams from Small Spaces (Group Publishing, 2012)

Thursday, December 9, 2010

"HE's got the tiny, little baby in His hands."

I held my newborn grandson the other day. I gazed at his precious face and examined his perfect, little hands. Such a masterpiece. I love him already.
Roen mainly sleeps. But when he wakes, his large, dark blue eyes track movement around him. He smiles for no reason, then just as quickly, grimaces or yawns.
His whole, perfectly formed head fits neatly into my hand. (That's my hand in the picture)

I thought about that old song, "He's Got The Whole World in His Hands."
The verses go something like this: "He's got the whole world in His hands."
Second verse: "He's got the wind and the rain in His hands."
Third verse: "He's got the tiny, little baby in His hands."
Finally: "He's got you and me, brother, in His hands."

For just a few months, my tiny, little grandson will fit neatly in my arms. Then he'll grow too big. He'll toddle around for a few months. Later, he'll run and jump and play. One day, perhaps, he'll be on the football team in high school. Roen will grow tall and strong, too tall and strong to be held in a frail grandmother's hands. One day he'll be a man.

But Roen will always be in God's hands.
He'll never outgrow God.
I hope Roen learns that fact at an early age.

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
He will cover you with His feathers and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." (Psalm 91: 1,4)

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post, Dena. Roen is blessed to have such a godly grandmother.

    ReplyDelete