Contact Me

If you enjoy my blog and would like to contact me, you may reach me at this email: dena.netherton@gmail.com

Some of my stories are published in:
A Cup of Comfort Devotional for Mothers and Daughters (Adams Media, 2009)
Chicken Soup: What I Learned from the Dog (2009)
Love is a Flame (Bethany House, 2010)
Extraordinary answers to Prayer (Guideposts, 2010)
Love is a Verb (Bethany House, 2011)
Big Dreams from Small Spaces (Group Publishing, 2012)

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Looking Back, Looking Forward

Hi everyone! It's so good to be back to All Creation Speaks. My computer has been out of commission for over a week. It's still not fixed, so I'll have to send it in to the computer expert again sometime in the near future. Thanks for your patience.

So, the New Year is upon us. I know it sounds like a cliche, but. . . where did the year go? I thank God for all He has done in my life.

My year was filled with ministry at our church:

music: performing and teaching
women's ministries,
the adventure of making new friends and growing old relationships
writing opportunities: several stories published and interest from two publishers in one of my novels
starting a new Sunday School class at church that we named Soli Deo Gloria (to God alone is the glory)
trips to California to attend a niece's and a nephew's weddings,
a trip to Southern California to attend our granddaughter's first birthday party
a wonderful road trip in the Northwest
attending the birth of our third grandchild: a beautiful little boy
Hiring a wonderful carpenter to re-do our upstairs bathroom and the put in new log banisters in our main staircase
Writing a song that was sung and performed at our church
Singing the contralto solos in the Vivaldi Gloria. (This was a gift from God, because I really thought my performing days were over.)

This year, especially, I've been asking the Lord to increase my writing and speaking gift. Scripture says, "ye have not, because ye ask not." So, why not ask that God increase a gift that will be for His glory. . . soli Deo Gloria?
I look forward to seeing how God's answer to my request will play out during the 2011 year. My greatest desire is that I walk so closely to my Lord that I am a clean and unobstructed conduit for whatever is it that He wants to pour through my mind and onto the computer keyboard.
May He be praised!
And may you be blessed, encouraged, strengthened, comforted, inspired, even instructed
by whatever He pours through me this year.
God bless you in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment